[MLB-WIRELESS] Server Q: Intel Atom 330's (Dual Core)

mw at freenet.net.au mw at freenet.net.au
Sat Sep 5 10:59:45 EST 2009

Ahh, right - so the reference to home server means "a server to use at home"
and not specifically "windows home server" ;-)

In that case your proposed platform will likely be considerably better than
just adequate - the only additional suggestions I would make (and I highly
recommend this) would be to add a bit of RAM (memory is relatively cheap
these days) and then install VMWare ESXi on the server first, and then
install your windows as a Virtual Machine - give it 1 to 1.5gigs of RAM -
and you'll have enough room to install one or two linux systems as well.  A
great way to get the most out of your server hardware.

Cheers!