[MLB-WIRELESS] Bullet2 output power, why 1W or 100mW

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Thu Mar 5 20:34:31 EST 2009

If you believe a HAM license will allow you to use 100kW EIRP then I
seriously suggest calling the licensing area of the ACMA to set the
record straight. You can contact them on 03 9963 6800. Ask to speak to
the radio communications licensing team.

 From previous discussions with ACMA regulators, I believe 200W EIRP
was the maximum limit for ALL operators in the 2.4Ghz band that
encompasses 802.11 equipment, not just amateur operators. Above that
and the health and safety laws kick in and you are asking for trouble.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au