[MLB-WIRELESS] Bullet2 output power, why 1W or 100mW

Mark Aitken nodegxt at yahoo.com.au
Thu Mar 5 17:26:49 EST 2009

>   I can't understand why amateur license would
> override normal class licenses, but hey - it's the first time I've ever
> looked at that doc ;-)
>
> Cheers!

umm..coz we pay a license fee to the ACMA for the privilege of operating
on allocated bands and that
we have to sit and pass a examination on radio communication
regulations, electronic theory and up
until a few years ago, for extra privileges, a morse code examination.

You may be intereted to know that as a licensed have of suitable class
(Foundation, Standard 7 Advanced)
you can use the following frequencies bands
1.8 MHz (160m Band)
3.5 MHz (80m)
7.0 (40m)
10 MHz (30m)
14 MHz (20m)
18 MHz (17m)
21 MHz (15m)
24 MHz(12m)
28 MHz (10m)
50 MHz (6m)
144 MHz (2m)
430 MHz (70cm)
1240 MHz (23cm)
2400 MHz (13cm)
3.4 GHz (9cm)
5.8 GHz (6cm)
10 GHZ (3 cm)
24 GHz (1.25cm)
47 GHz (.75 cm???)

and on and on up to mm wave and even some sub light bands.

Modes include, CW, AM, FM, SSB, GMSK, Various Narrow Band Digital modes,
TV, DSB/VSB/FM/MPEG2, DSSS/OFDM
and probaly some I havent even heard of myself.

We can use internet linking, satellite linking, RF - RF linking, blah
blah blah.

A wonderful hobby. You should consider invertigating.

Regards

Mark

VK3JMA