[MLB-WIRELESS] Bullet2 output power, why 1W or 100mW

mw at freenet.net.au mw at freenet.net.au
Thu Mar 5 12:01:23 EST 2009

I don't get it...

As far as I can figure it out, you can only transmit in the wifi channels
1,2,& 3 with max width of 100K - that's obviously why a bit of HAM activity
in the background probably dosn't hurt wifi that much.

The rest of the wifi spectrum, though, is used up by amateur TV - that can
be (am I reading it right?) up to 18Meg each channel - that would be a
killer for any nearby wifi links.

I don't see any indication that amateur license gives anyone to the right to
run wifi abve 36dB EIRP!  I can't understand why amateur license would
override normal class licenses, but hey - it's the first time I've ever
looked at that doc ;-)

Cheers!

http://www.wia.org.au/members/bandplans/data/documents/Australian%20Band%20