[MLB-WIRELESS] Upload problems

mw at freenet.net.au mw at freenet.net.au
Thu Jan 8 15:03:05 EST 2009

Hi Peter,

If it were over some kind of VPN (like pptp or pppoe etc) I would put a
wager on some kind of MTU issue - which isa typical cause of that kind of
behavior.

What do pings to GUR look like to you?  Try some pings with varying data
sizes with no fragmentation:

ping -l 1000 -f 10.x.x.x
ping -l 1100 -f 10.x.x.x
ping -l 1200 -f 10.x.x.x
ping -l 1300 -f 10.x.x.x
..etc..

If you suddenly get timeouts at around 1400-1500 bytes, then it is most
likely MTU issue.

Cheers!