[MLB-WIRELESS] Linux porting question

Ivy Jane Gardiner ivy at carnagevisors.net
Tue Dec 22 01:24:51 EST 2009

On 21/12/2009, at 11:07 PM, vk3pb wrote:

> Here is what I know
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~plutarch/F003.html
>
> It runs Nucleus Plus operating System (whatever that is) and has a MTK 6235 processor at about 208 Mhz.
>
> Regards Peter

Okay it's an ARM9 Based processor, which is a nice 32 bit RISC chip (arm = acorn risc machine ;) ) but it seems fairly slow.

For example the n810 uses a 400MHz OMAP 2420 processor (texas instruments version of the ARM processor) and it can feel sluggish on certain aspects.

and for example the current iPhones have a 600MHz ARM processors too.

I don't know how successful one would be in overwriting the current OS on this device. As I'm sure hardware information on them is not hugely available.

Regards
Ivy Jane Gardiner
VK3IVY