[MLB-WIRELESS] Linux porting question

peter berrett berrettp at optusnet.com.au
Sun Dec 20 13:12:56 EST 2009

Hi all

I am awaiting delivery of a mobile phone - a F003 Chinese Iphone knock off.
I am rather intrigued with these phones and woul like to unlock their
potential and that of course means getting Linux to run on them.

I have only used Ubuntu so I am by no leans a Linux expert. I know that
these phones run on a 200 mhz ARM-9 compatible processor and I believe
Lemonix can run on ARM processors.

Has anyone here ported a version of Linux to such a phone and any thoughts
on how difficult or otherwise it might be to do so?

The phone in question is here

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/P168-WIFI-TV-DUAL-SIM-Cell-phone-JAVA-F030-F035-i9-f003_W0QQitemZ260521268713QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCell_Phones?hash=item3ca84715e9

It seems to me that with Linux running the phone could do some cool things
eg run Skype. A linux blingphone!

Thanks Peter