[MLB-WIRELESS] Network speeds

Peter Berrett berrettp at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jul 21 22:20:44 EST 2008

Hi all

I have had JXG up for a little while now and been doing some testing. I
can get speeds of 160KB/sec to GHO which is my 5.5 km link.

I am curious as to what are typical speeds around the network. I haven't
tweaked my antenna yet so I think I can get higher speeds still.

Also I had linked up my other router and was surfing the internet but
then I discovered that my packets weren't going through that router but
instead the network was letting me access the internet.

Who is the kind soul providing quite respectable speeds for internet
access? I am curious as to the path my internet access had gone through.

Also is it possible to configure an ASUS WL-500G so that it is in client
mode but so that you can access the network from the street with a
laptop as well?

Regards

Peter Berrett VK3PB (node JXG)