[MLB-WIRELESS] I need help in the interface file for my Voyage WRAPboard

Peter Buncle peter at nmc.net.au
Fri Jul 11 08:35:38 EST 2008

Hi Randall,

The Wrap ap's at GHO kindly donated by Yawarra are running voyage.

You should be setting the interfaces up to route not bridge.

Here's GHO's atheros config (natuarally use your subnet allocations)

/etc/network# more interfaces

auto ath0
iface ath0 inet static
        address 10.10.130.193
        netmask 255.255.255.240
        broadcast 10.10.130.207
        post-down wlanconfig ath0 destroy
        pre-up wlanconfig ath0 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode ap
        pre-up iwconfig ath0 essid "GHO-South-58.melbournewireless"
channel 149 rate auto rts off frag off
        pre-up ifconfig ath0 up

auto ath1
iface ath1 inet static
        address 10.10.130.177
        netmask 255.255.255.240
        broadcast 10.10.130.191
        post-down wlanconfig ath1 destroy
        pre-up wlanconfig ath1 create wlandev wifi1 wlanmode ap
        pre-up iwconfig ath1 essid "GHO-South.melbournewireless" channel
13 rate 11M rts off frag off
        pre-up ifconfig ath1 up

The distance control is done in another file

/etc/init.d# more ath_init
#!/bin/sh
#
sysctl -w dev.wifi0.diversity=0
sysctl -w dev.wifi0.txantenna=1
sysctl -w dev.wifi0.rxantenna=1
sysctl -w dev.wifi1.diversity=0
sysctl -w dev.wifi1.txantenna=1
sysctl -w dev.wifi1.rxantenna=1
athctrl -i wifi0 -d 20000
athctrl -i wifi1 -d 20000

By the way , you probably want to mount your box on the pole
the other way round so the coax is exiting downward for better
water/vermin protection

(birds tend to sit onto and peck everything)

Regards

Peter