[MLB-WIRELESS] Melbwireless Digest, Vol 34, Issue 3

Thomas Phillips Thomas at phillips.net.au
Tue Jul 8 12:21:43 EST 2008

On 08/07/2008, at 12:00 PM, melbwireless-request at wireless.org.au wrote:

> Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 13:38:25 +1000
> From: Mark Aitken <nodegxt at yahoo.com.au>
> Subject: [MLB-WIRELESS] usb raid?
> To: Melb Wireless <melbwireless at wireless.org.au>,	Melbourne Wireless
> 	<melbwireless at melbournewireless.org.au>
>
> Hi people,
>
> not really wireless but you guys are full of information.....
>
> I need to know if there is a External Raid case that used IDE/Sata
> drives and is connected to the computer by USB?
>
> These things exist????
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

Take a look at Drobo (http://www.drobo.com/) there a fantastic usb
raid device that holds upto 4 sata drives, but unlike normal raid
technologies (1,0,5,1+0 etc) the device is smart, and allows you to
install a drive of any size in any of the available slots, while still
always keeping a mirror. the drives are hot swappable, and the device
also comes with an application for windows/mac osx that reports the
current status of your drives, disk usage current mirror building
states etc.

for more info on it here is a youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05yqvb5n36M&feature=related

hope this helps
Tom Phillips