[MLB-WIRELESS] OT: Cheap High Current Switchmode Power Supply

Shaun Lee Clarke shaun.clarke at vssec.vic.edu.au
Sun Jan 6 20:36:01 EST 2008

Hey Guys,

A bit off topic, but I thought it might be of use to some people on here.

Dick Smith Electronics is currently offering their 1-15VDC 60 amp High
Current Lab Switch-mode Lab PSU for $299.

Here's the link:
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/47809da00417b6ba2741c0a87f9c075
2/Product/View/Q1775

But it that doesn't work, just do a search for 'Q1775'.

Not too sure what it retails at, but it's cheaper and better value than the
similar 40 amp version which Jaycar Electronics offers for about $400.

Anyway, they are great power supplies, very high power and very useful for
testing equipment and such. I believe they are rebranded Hanson units. More
info here: http://www.manson.com.hk/productdetail.php?ProductID=17. I picked
one of these units up today, so if anyone has any questions, I might be able
to help.

Also, when I bought mine, it scanned at $399, but they fixed that after I
told them about the website pricing, so be sure to check. That could also be
its standard retail price, not sure. The website also says 'Valid for a
limited time only', so not sure how long it will last.

Regards,

Shaun.

vsseclogo

Shaun Lee Clarke

Mobile: 0433 559 020

Victorian Space Science Education Centre (At Strathmore Secondary College)

IT/AV Technician

Email: shaun.clarke at vssec.vic.edu.au

Web: http://www.vssec.vic.edu.au <http://www.vssec.vic.edu.au/>

Phone: (03) 9379-3456

Fax: (03) 9374-3855

Address: at Strathmore Secondary College, 400 Pascoe Vale Road, Strathmore,
VIC, 3041, Australia

Strathmore Secondary College

IT Technician

Email: clarke.shaun.l at edumail.vic.gov.au

Web: http://www.strathmore.vic.edu.au <http://www.strathmore.vic.edu.au/>

Phone: (03) 9379-7999

Fax: (03) 9379-2812

Address: 400 Pascoe Vale Road, Strathmore, VIC, 3041, Australia