[MLB-WIRELESS] Mitsu R100 (Asus 500g) causing interference

Peter Buncle peter at nmc.net.au
Wed Dec 3 09:39:26 EST 2008

I concur

Peter

________________________________

From: melbwireless-bounces at wireless.org.au
[mailto:melbwireless-bounces at wireless.org.au] On Behalf Of Tyson Clugg
Sent: Wednesday, 3 December 2008 12:15 AM
To: emdeex
Cc: melbwireless at melbournewireless.org.au
Subject: Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] Mitsu R100 (Asus 500g) causing interference

2008/12/2 emdeex <emdeex at gmail.com>

	I thought that as well, the interference would be waaay out of
band... but...

	Do you mean the AC/DC plugpack?  I've tried it with the plug
pack
	still powered up, the R100 unplugged, and there is no
interference.
	So it's the R100 unit causing the interference.  Something
inside the
	unit.

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions - it may be that the plug pack
generates RF noise under load only.  You should try with another plug
pack (of same voltage and same/higher amperage/wattage) before asserting
the R100 is at fault.  I would especially suspect the plug pack as most
are low cost switchmode circuits which typically switch at frequencies
that would cause interference on AM/FM radio.  You can also try to find
another device of similar load to the R100 to power from the plug pack
and see if the interference remains.

Regards,
Tyson.

Message protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content
filtering.
http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg