[MLB-WIRELESS] Mitsu R100 (Asus 500g) causing interference

Tyson Clugg tyson at melbournewireless.org.au
Wed Dec 3 00:15:01 EST 2008

2008/12/2 emdeex <emdeex at gmail.com>

> I thought that as well, the interference would be waaay out of band...
> but...
>
> Do you mean the AC/DC plugpack?  I've tried it with the plug pack
> still powered up, the R100 unplugged, and there is no interference.
> So it's the R100 unit causing the interference.  Something inside the
> unit.

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions - it may be that the plug pack
generates RF noise under load only.  You should try with another plug pack
(of same voltage and same/higher amperage/wattage) before asserting the R100
is at fault.  I would especially suspect the plug pack as most are low cost
switchmode circuits which typically switch at frequencies that would cause
interference on AM/FM radio.  You can also try to find another device of
similar load to the R100 to power from the plug pack and see if the
interference remains.

Regards,
Tyson.