[MLB-WIRELESS] Mitsu R100 (Asus 500g) causing interference

emdeex emdeex at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 20:22:01 EST 2008

Hi All,

I've had my trusty R100 for 3 years or so.  Running an Oleg firmware.
Recently, I'd noticed my AM radio was getting a lot of static.  I
didn't immediately suspect the R100, but after several weeks of head
scratching, moving the radio around, changing radios etc, I narrowed
it down to the R100.  When it was off, no interference, when its on,
static on the radio.

I also suspect its been interfering with my 1.8Ghz cordless phone,
which has been static-y as well.

I've swapped it out for a spare D-link DI-524 and the interference has
gone away.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience, just for the sake of
knowledge, why a device like this would be good, and then go bad and
start interfering with other radio devices?

Thanks for any replies,
regards,
Murray