[MLB-WIRELESS] JXG2 now online (North Boronia)

Peter Berrett berrettp at optusnet.com.au
Wed Aug 20 18:05:44 EST 2008

Hi all

I am pleased to advise that node JXG2 is now online.

As previously advised node JXG is 10.10.130.183 and I am located near
the corner of Lockwoods Road and Blythe Street in North Boronia (near
Alchester Shopping Centre).

Node JXG2 is connected directly to node JXG and is IP address
10.10.130.185. It is now functioning as an access point for people
located between Boronia and The Basin. The node (an ASUS wl-500g) is
connected to a home made cantenna pointing in a south easterly direction
from my location. I have put the node on Channel 9.

There is no DHCP enabled so to access the node you will need to allocate
yourself one of node GHO's ip addresses (the two remaining are
10.10.130.189 and 10.10.130.190) and use this as your static ip. GHO's
gateway is 10.10.130.177

Please let me know if you are able to connect and how well. I can up the
power a little if necessary. I know there are several nodes in a
straight line in that direction who are looking to get connected.

These nodes will be up 24/7

Enjoy

cheers Peter