[MLB-WIRELESS] Introduction and Initial requests for further information

Paul McMahon paul at mcmahon.com
Sat Sep 22 19:46:10 EST 2007

Hi all,

I've been interested in melbourne wireless for about 5 years - I've now reached the conclusion that I would really like to get involved (i'm slow!)

On friday I sent through my $10 for the yearly membership and would be interested in understanding if the monthly meetings are still happening? Some of the dates on the website seem pretty out of date! Furthermore there doesnt seem to be much happening in terms of activity in IRC (and to some extent this mailing list!)

I have two sites i'd like to get online:

Priority one - my house! - Camberwell - (Camberwell road, about 300m from the bottom (toorak road end))

Priority two - parents house - Warrandyte South - ( Hall road)

I'd like to essentially learn the basics - I've seen the boxtenna's at the RFshop.. but to be honest i need assistance in terms of direction. Is there any services offered where some dude/dudette can come and stand on my roof with the gear and tell me what i need what its going to cost, and if it's worth my while... willing to pay for this..

Thanks.

Paul McMahon