[MLB-WIRELESS] Nasa Tv over MW

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Thu Sep 20 20:57:12 EST 2007

At 07:05 PM 9/20/2007, Peter Berrett wrote:

>Long story Tony
>
>I approached the ACMA to clarify the legal position and they replied
>to me. It was some time ago and  I am not sure where I put the
>letter but basically the idea was that you had to relate the
>material being transmitted to the purpose of Amateur Radio (hobby)
>and they did not see that the material carried on NASA TV,
>notwithstanding that some Astronauts are amateurs, was amateur radio related.

I see, that's a bit of a pain.  The debate of whether to ask the ACMA
first comes up, and there are two schools of thought...  Ask first
and accept whatever answer, or do it anyway and stop if they tell you
to. :-)  I usually follow the second school, after careful
consideration of the regs, but I suppose ATV is a bit more out there.

>At least with Amateurlogic.Tv (the IPTV show I cohost and show each
>Friday night at 8PM on Amateur TV VK3RTV Channel 16) it can be
>argued that the show is predominantly Amateur Radio related.

Cool, I never seem to get time on a Friday to play radio. :)  Must
download a few of them and watch :)

>To make NASA TV over Amateur TV happen in Australia we really need
>special permission to be granted. Mayeb one day.

Let's hope so, there is a lot of interest among Amateurs in the space
program here.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com