[MLB-WIRELESS] node building

Michael Borthwick holden at netspace.net.au
Wed May 23 13:56:31 EST 2007

On 23/05/2007, at 1:19 PM, Rohan Malhotra wrote:

> I thought i might ask for recommendations on an omni 2.4ghz antenna
> on my roof. im presuming stock antennas (the stock antenna on a
> wrtrouter? )wont really cut it if i want to propogate this signal
> across my street. I was thinking something in the 9-15dB range for
> a dipole 360 omni should do the trick?
If you mean literally "across the street" then a stock rubber duck
antenna (2.2dBi gain) will be fine. A 9dBi will double your range.
Anything over 9dBi gets very expensive. Over 300 Superpass omni's
were bought in by Melbourne Wireless people years ago - there are
bound to be some kicking around somewhere - along with 4Km's of
LMR400 from Jules alone.