[MLB-WIRELESS] Proxim AP2000's?

David Ashburner d_ashburner at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 9 07:53:22 EST 2007

On Mar 8, 2007, at 2:50 AM, Mark Aitken wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Some time ago a number of Proxim Orinico AP2000's appeared of which I
> managed to get one.  I seem to remember some rumblings about hacking
> firmware etc for these, or at least someone thinking about it???

I had a look at it but decided it wasn't worth the effort. It uses the
Intel SA110 processor and porting for something that old was
problematic.

> Did anything ever become of that?

What I found was that you could use it nicely as a node if you cascaded
it from an existing node ( that used a router where you could configure
stuff ).

http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/wiki/?AP-2000#cx_node

> I also see a v2.5.4 firmware on a google searce,  I updated to 2.5.3,
> is
> it advisable to try this?

No. John posted the following a while back.