[MLB-WIRELESS] WiMAX to go Australia wide?

David Ashburner d_ashburner at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 20 07:51:36 EST 2007

On Jun 19, 2007, at 6:05 AM, Dean Collins wrote:

> Yep and I love how this old chestnut is rolled out every time someone
> wants to bitch about why broadband in Australia sucks..... oh the
> tyranny of distance ....a wide brown land ....and all that crap.

That wasn't my point at all. I was trying to indicate that you can't
attribute the rise of the South Korean economy on how wired the country
has become in the last 10 years.  And that even if you could putting
broadband in the bush is not going to create some sort of Australian
miracle " paying dividends for their education, business and general
way of life"

> Stick that in your data statistics argument.

I have no argument, but when you introduce tangental anecdotes to
support yours, well, it's fun to stir the pot ;)
This has been the most interesting thread for a long time.