[MLB-WIRELESS] WiMAX to go Australia wide?

David Ashburner d_ashburner at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 19 14:23:51 EST 2007

> Take a look at countries like south korea and the massive amounts they
> invested into broadband a few years back and how it is now paying
> dividends for their education, business and general way of life.

I love these comparisons, Singapore is also a favorite one.

South Korea
Area  99,000 Km2
Pop   49,000,000
GDP  1,200 Bn

Australia
Area 7,700,000 Km2
Pop   20,800,000
GDP  675 Bn

What the heck, let's do Singapore now while were at it

Singapore
Area  704 Km2
Pop    4,100,000
GDP  145 Bn

South Korea a really big city that is also a country
Australia        a really big country that has a handful of cities
housing a majority of the population.
Singapore     a city that happens to be a country