[MLB-WIRELESS] WiMAX to go Australia wide?

emdeex emdeex at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 18:10:02 EST 2007

So as you've all probably heard, the federal govt says it will roll out
WiMAX Australia wide with Optus and Elders.

I think it took too long to get to this, but I think it sounds like a
reasonable idea.  Much cheaper than fibre.

What do you all think?

Some grabs from the press release are 6Mb/s immediately, with 12Mb/s by
2009.

It appears to be a go-ahead plan with funding being allocated immediately.

When will we see the first Optus/Elders WiMAX access point commissioned?