[MLB-WIRELESS] looking for canopy reflector

Tyson Clugg tclugg at umd.com.au
Thu Jul 26 11:16:57 EST 2007

Simon and others,

Have you got a canopy to use, or are you assuming someone will lend you
one?  Tim doesn't have any spare, and they're somewhat expensive
devices:
http://www.google.com/products?q=motorola+canopy

The canopy is designed to mount the whole device *as the feed unit* on a
parabolic dish, not to be attached to an external antenna.  The white
feed unit in the pic on the following web page is a canopy device:
http://www.pacwireless.com/products/GDxx-MT.shtml

Supposedly the old Foxtel dishes can be modded to act as a reflector,
nfi as to what is involved.

Cheers,
Tyson.

FYI: I work with Tim...

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 01:31 +1000, Simon Wong wrote:
> Thanks Dave, where abouts are you located?
> Are you using your 27db grids instead of the canopy? If so would it be
> worth me buying one of these to connect to HVC?
> As far as I know the canopy has no plugs for external grid antennas so
> how would that work? Soldering?
>

> Regards,
> Simon Wong.
>

> Ratbaggy wrote:
> > No use for it currently especially since I just purchased 2 27dB grids
> > for 5.8.  I can bring it to the next meeting but if you need it sooner
> > we can make some arrangement.  Phone is 0418 309 038.
> >
> > Dave.
> >
> > David Ashburner wrote:
> >>
> >> Hey Simon,
> >> I dumped another of the dishes that Rohan is using with Dave (
> >> ratbaggy ). I'm sure he can let you have it if he hasn't used it for
> >> something else already.
> >>
> >> You have a canopy radio now? where did you get it?
> >>
> >> cheers,
> >> dna

Regards

Tyson Clugg
Programmer
Unique Micro Design Pty Ltd.........engineering ICT solutions
Wellington Road Business Park
200 Wellington Road
Clayton, VIC 3168, Australia

PO Box 4297, Mulgrave, VIC 3170, Australia

+61-3-9582-7195   tclugg at umd.com.au   DIRECT

+61-3-9582-7070   Sales at umd.com.au
+61-3-9582-7060   Service at umd.com.au
+61-3-9582-7050   Support at umd.com.au
+61-3-9582-7010   Accounts at umd.com.au
+61-3-9582-7000   Reception at umd.com.au

+61-3-9582-7001   Fax - Sales and office
+61-3-9582-7069   Fax - Service
www.umd.com.au            UMD Web Address
www.umd.com.au/rfid/        UMD and RFID
www.umd.com.au/gprs        UMD and GPRS