[MLB-WIRELESS] Help please

Rohan Malhotra rohanmalhotra86 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 13:52:18 EST 2007

given your in a bit of a hurry and it sounds like you have cash, i reckon
your best bet is to get a new open-wrt compatible router/ap (any of the
mitsubishi r100s, linksys wrt54gs or those flash asus routers will do)
($100+/-.
you didn't specify the type of pigtail you had but presumably one end fits
the grid antenna (the end that likely has an n-connector on it) so you could
salvage that cable, you'd just need to swap the other end out with something
compatible with the router (rp-sma or rp-tnc usually).

if the new router doesn't fit the old box make or get yourself a new one.
rfshop sells boxes that fit the wrt54g for $30-40.

as to PoE you should b able to retain the same cable with the
new router, however (depending on the voltage drop due to length of cable)
you may need to drop the voltage with a new power supply or otherwise.

there's a nice MW guy called Vak who deals with cables he should be able to
sort you out with your requirements (you're looking at $20 for a new one).

vaks emails are: <vak at alphalink.com.au>, <vak at wireless.org.au>,

as to the functional pcmcia card, maybe keep that inside your laptop for
home use!

on another note, maybe in the not too distant future you could relay our
signal up to wallan!

hope this has been of some help

rohan

ps.below is a transcript of what Rfshop told me with regards to RF boxes

Hi Rohan,

We do have boxes big enough for a linksys unit.

http://www.rfshop
.com.au/Products/Hardware/tabid/426/List/1/CategoryID/765/Category2ID/765/Level/2/Default.aspx

The CG1000 will fit a wrt54g if you take it out of the case and just fit the
PCB by itself.

The CG1500 will fit a standard WRT54G without any modifications. For
mounting we supply two hose clamps. We also have L brackets to fit the box
which you just screw onto the back of the box but they are extra.
http://www.rfshop
.com.au/Products/Hardware/tabid/426/CategoryID/295/Category2ID/865/List/1/Level/2/ProductID/5613/Default.aspx

We do do a product which is a WRT54GL in one of the CG1000 along with a
panel antenna powered via POE.
http://www.rfshop
.com.au/Default.aspxtabid=426&List=1&CategoryID=756&Category2ID=788&Category3=Linksys&Level=3

We also do fit the CG1000 and CG1500 with a panel antenna without the
WRT54GL if you'd prefer something like that.
http://www.rfshop
.com.au/Products/Hardware/tabid/426/List/1/CategoryID/295/Category2ID/865/Level/2/Default.aspx

Regards

Ashley