[MLB-WIRELESS] Anyone got their VTS3000X doing anything useful?

Red_Wolf_2 glp71s at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 03:44:11 EST 2007

I've been looking at the unit a bit, but still no success here either.
Im thinking that if I could get the right connectors, I would try my
hand at interfacing the GPS and GPRS modules without the VTS3000X
board, the problem is finding the suitable connectors (the gps module
uses a connector with the same sized pins as a laptop hard drive,
while the gprs modem uses two different connectors, either a ribbon
cable or something with the dimensions of a CF or PCMCIA card
connector, pinwise). Certainly if the opportunity arose, I would be
happier to use the unit as it was (if someone got MCGView or whatever
its called), otherwise it will probably gather dust for a while in a
cupboard until I get the appropriate connectors for the modules...

Does anyone know how the gateway system might work? apparently the
endpoint the VTS3000X connects to is custom as well... Maybe this
could be coded around if its a software thing?