[MLB-WIRELESS] Newbie setup

Rockwallaby Deluxe Model rockofclay at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 12 11:06:05 EST 2007

> As for mounting the mast, what are you planning on mounting it to? Tim
> roof, tile roof, free standing etc.

> As for connecting, depends on your networking setup. You could just be a
> client to another node, or run your own network and have routing going
> between your network and the remote node etc.

Thanks for your response, I'm getting a lot closer to getting this set up.

I'm mounting to a chimney on both roofs. One antenna already has a mast that
needs a few new bolts and a cable, but I'll have to buy/make a mast for the
other two. On one roof the chimney has tiles on one side and tin at the other.
Will cat 5 have enough thickness to earth the mast, or is there a special
earthing cable I need to buy? perhaps hills hoist cable?

No news on cheaper routers?

Anyone know of any scrapyards or anything where there may be some second hand
masts?
So am I correct in guessing that Melbourne Wireless is a group of small networks, not one big one?

If so, any of you guys have a frequently used large networks that I could connect to with my other antenna?