[MLB-WIRELESS] OT: Green community datacentre

Gary Winder gkwinder at tpg.com.au
Mon Feb 5 18:29:07 EST 2007

Hmmm. Not going to be easy. I was talking to a mate that runs a data centre
just the other day about costs, power, heat, cooling etc. He's got a rack of
IBM servers that pulls 24 - 30 Kilowatts. That's 100 AMPs at 240V. Now I'm
not sure the project would not be pushing those sort of number to start off
with, but running any sort of data centre is not going to be easily run from
green power. And then you have to cool it.

Regards,
g at z.