[MLB-WIRELESS] Amusing high-power wifi story

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Tue Aug 14 13:51:55 EST 2007

At 12:54 PM 8/14/2007, Zik Saleeba wrote:
>This story appeared on the OzAPRS (ham radio) list today and I thought
>it might interest you guys.

Was a giggle, though it also shows that it's a good thing for all
parties to play nice. :-)  The issue of interference is one reason
I'm hesitant to run much more than wifi power levels in any mode on
2.4 GHz (e.g. if I get ATV up and running on 2.4 GHz).  Yes, I know I
can, legally, but it's not conducive to good karma to do so. ;) As
far as wifi goes, it's much easier to just run within the class
licence.  More nodes to talk to and one doesn't have to care too much
about who's allowed to associate with your node (beyond any security
and other routine parameters).

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com