[MLB-WIRELESS] seeing connected nodes

Tyson Clugg tclugg at umd.com.au
Mon Aug 6 15:14:40 EST 2007

Jarrod and others,

The Google Maps API has been updated to include support for links, I'm
rushed for time but it is on my agenda.  In the meantime, install Google
Earth and point your web browser at the following two links:
http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/maps/nodes.kml
http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/maps/links.kml

Cheers,
Tyson.

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 16:20 +1000, Jarrod Neven wrote:
> I am not sure if this has already been discussed, I may have missed the
> topic so please slap me if this is the case.
>
> The introduction of Google maps is great, now we have accurate street maps
> mixed with a satellite images (great work guys!).
>
> But this seems to have come at a cost of losing the visual linking of the
> nodes.  The node map no longer shows a line for the connected nodes. I
> have always loved seeing those little lines and think they added a lot of
> value.
>
> Are there any plans for bring this back?  I assume there are technical
> limitations.
>
> Jarrod.

Regards

Tyson Clugg
Programmer
Unique Micro Design Pty Ltd.........engineering ICT solutions
Wellington Road Business Park
200 Wellington Road
Clayton, VIC 3168, Australia

PO Box 4297, Mulgrave, VIC 3170, Australia

+61-3-9582-7195   tclugg at umd.com.au   DIRECT

+61-3-9582-7070   Sales at umd.com.au
+61-3-9582-7060   Service at umd.com.au
+61-3-9582-7050   Support at umd.com.au
+61-3-9582-7010   Accounts at umd.com.au
+61-3-9582-7000   Reception at umd.com.au

+61-3-9582-7001   Fax - Sales and office
+61-3-9582-7069   Fax - Service
www.umd.com.au            UMD Web Address
www.umd.com.au/rfid/        UMD and RFID
www.umd.com.au/gprs        UMD and GPRS