[MLB-WIRELESS] wifi ap /and/ ip web cam...

Shaun Lee Clarke clarke.shaun.l at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Oct 12 00:43:53 EST 2006

Not sure how helpful this will be, but I purchased an ASUS WL-500g with
a webcam as a bundle. The webcam is pretty much the main reason I
purchased it.

I purchased it from DigiWorld in the City, I can't remember the price,
but wasn't cheap from memory.

The camera works well (especially if you enable access over the Internet
:)) but the downside is that getting a webcam to work with, say OpenWRT
is either difficult or not possible due to the lack of driver support (I
think you can compile the support for it, but that's not something I'm
going to attempt yet.).

Right now I'm running some modified ASUS firmware that adds a few things
and at least gives shell access.

I can't remember the exact model number but I will check when I get
home. I know it's definitely a Logitech camera.

  *Shaun Lee Clarke*
*Mobile:* 0433 559 020

*Alternate Mobile:* 0400 211 386

*Strathmore Secondary College*
Computer Technician
clarke.shaun.l at edumail.vic.gov.au
http://www.strathmore.vic.edu.au
(03) 9379-7999

*Victorian Space Science Education Centre*
Computer Technician
shaun.clarke at vssec.vic.edu.au
http://www.vssec.vic.edu.au
(03) 9379-3456