[MLB-WIRELESS] FIC-GTA001

Simon Knight simon.knight at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 19:41:37 EST 2006

Cheers for the link, looks awesome.

I especially liked this bit:
"Moss-Pultz notes that the FIC-GTA001, or Neo1973, is merely the first
model in a planned family of open Linux phones from FIC. He expects a
follow-up model to offer both WiFi and Bluetooth. "By the time one
ships, the next one is half done," he says. "

Once WIFI is there this will be an awesome VOIP phone, and I'm sure
the dev community would work to speed up resolving issues that usually
affect alpha adopters.

It's good to see this and projects like GNU Radio coming out.

They just need a better design (oval phones :/)

Simon