[MLB-WIRELESS] Wifi addiction

Gary Winder gkwinder at tpg.com.au
Fri Nov 3 21:11:04 EST 2006

Sorry to sound negative, but I doubt any of the questions listed mean
addiction. More like that line "lies, more lies and statistics"?

I wonder if the results would be the same if they said "coffee" instead of
Starbucks.

I also doubt that knowing the laws regarding unathorised access means you
are addicted. I know I should not take drugs, but it doesn't mean I'm a drug
addict.

As for the last one, I read that as a lot of people care more about their
footy ball team than they do about personal inconvenience. I also wonder if
the percentages would be the same if the question was the foot ball team vs
some other person inconvenience. Points more to football addiction than
wireless addiction.

However it would be different if they got high percentages for asking the
following questions:

 Are you a member of a community based wireless group?
 Do you attend meetings for a community based wireless group?
 Are you subscribed to a wireless group email list?
 Have you listed yourself in a wireless based web site?
 Do you contribute to wireless based forums?

Oh, hang on..... that means I'm addicted. Damn it!

Regards,
g at z.