[MLB-WIRELESS] Silly question

Ian Donaldson ian at myinternet.com.au
Wed May 31 14:23:53 EST 2006

Hi all,

My AP (Asus WL-500g) running OpenWRT sits on a high shelf in a
cupboard. I don't seem to be getting particularly good coverage, and
I think this is partially due to the height difference between the AP
and clients, so I was thinking of getting an omni on a short lead.
Doing it neatly and minimising the cable length means I'd be
attaching the omni to the underside of the shelf the AP sits on,
which means the omni would be upside down.

My question therefore, is there some kind of polarisation in 802.11g
that'll make this not work properly?

Regards,

Ian
--
Ian Donaldson, Solutions Architect, Editure Advanced Solutions Group
Ph: +613-83792065                   e-mail: ian.donaldson at editure.com