[MLB-WIRELESS] Quad Shield RG6 cable for wireless?

David Ashburner d_ashburner at hotmail.com
Fri May 5 13:03:10 EST 2006

On May 4, 2006, at 5:39 PM, emdeex wrote:

> Thanks for the advice Steven.  Where could I get lengths of this from,
> without buying a 50m reel, is it something Dick Smith would have?  Is
> it the same as what www.rsaustralia.com has listed as Conformable
> Microwave Cable?  thanks again.

Dick Smith et al. don't realy have the type of cable you want. They
have RG213 but that is very lossy.

I just checked the rsaustralia  site, couldn't find the confirmable
microwave cable but looking at some of the cable they are selling
it's pretty expensive ( like really really expensive ).

LMR 400 should be something like $5 a metre + about $10 per each
connector.
Try looking somewhere like freenet antennas,  rfshop.com.au , ebay or
ask Vak if he can make you up one.
If you go to the next meeting you may find Dan has some pre-made cables
he is offering to sell

shop around, but remember cheap may not be best, the type of cable and
the cable loss can make a big difference, especially
when you are talking about a long run ( 10M ). Most people would be
looking for ways to reduce the cable run length like putting the AP in
the roof near the mast, or even in a waterproof housing on the mast.
Look on the wiki for some examples and also some good info on coax and
the different types that are useable.

dna