[MLB-WIRELESS] OT - Help sign a partition to help motorcyclist

Ben Ward warden at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jan 16 21:35:25 EST 2006

'Lane Splitting' is not illegal in Victoria when certain rules are
followed. As someone that has successfully had all damages awarded to
him when hit while doing so, I can understand why people think it is.
Even insurance companies had to have the laws making it legal read out
to them until they finally saw the light.While this blanket ban removes
the ability to do the above, it also places restrictions on riders
greater than those placed on car drivers. Legally, I wouldn't be able to
pass a car turning right, or left unless I was in a completely different
marked lane, or a garbage truck stopping to pick up rubbish for the same
reason. I'm hoping if the proposals are made law, they at least address
that.
As for 'many' broken mirrors from us f#$%^ wits on motorbikes.....you
must just be unlucky, maybe you have a lot of time on the
road....Personally the only time I broke a mirror, was when the car
driver saw me coming, and moved over to squeeze me in, while I didn't
intentionally hit the mirror, it clipped the bar end. Did he get a
talking to, not only from me, but the women in  the car behind him as
well. Nice to know we're not universally hated. :)

Cheers
Ben