[MLB-WIRELESS] Proposal: MWRP at Scouts Jamboree

Matt Pearce matt at pearceits.com.au
Thu Feb 9 23:38:13 EST 2006

Mathew McKernan wrote:

> Without knocking the proposal, at this stage it is getting a bit late
> to organize all of this as most of the corporate deals for
> connectivity would have already been decided on. Site connectivity has
> been handled by Cisco previously and the use of Aironet at Sydney. LRE
> was used at Adelaide over the copious amounts of phone cabling
> throughout the place. I think the Elmore site does have quite a bit of
> infrastructure there also.
>
> I am a Rover now, and I have been in scouting since a tacker. I have
> also been to the last 2 Jamboree’s as a leader and have contacts in
> the existing event. So I can provide advice on how the site runs. I
> was on the IT&T team at Adelaide working on the phone system and
> network itself.

If this event is being held at the Elmore field day site then there is a
few buildings, power, phones to I think, etc already there. I stayed up
that way a few years ago onsite for an event. Not many people though, so
much so I had fun trying to run down the local rabbit population with my
car at night for something different, didnt get any as the power poles
highly limited my activities ;-)

Matt.