[MLB-WIRELESS] Proposal: MWRP at Scouts Jamboree

Tim Hogard thogard at knotty.abnormal.com
Thu Feb 9 01:35:11 EST 2006

> Then again, things have changed a lot in the last 5 years and you may =
> find the big T (or other carriers) are involved.  I would be very =
> surpised if there were no phones on site and given that, how hard would =
> it be to get DSL directly to site.

DSL is one thing, can we do better?  bonded DSL?  Proxy servers?
Maybe we should get Linux Users of Vic involved as well.

I don't have a problem upstaging the big T in rural areas.  In fact
its been in my todo list for a while...

> Telstra Countrywide are big into making a name for themselves these days =
> and thrive on getting involved with events like this.  They even set up =
> a temporary base station (free to the organisers) at the Meredith music =
> festival.  So if we are serious we'll probably need to make an offer to =
> the scouts early before someone else jumps in!  Or at least check if =
> they already have a sponsor or are interested at all.

Maybe we can do bonded DSL to a local hub.  There is another local
group I know of that might loans us gear for FTTT (fibre to the
tent).

The major issue here is getting short term DSL connections to an
exchange that I expect is close to 100% full.

Whats the time frame and whats the budget?

And paging Tyson.....
whats your comments?

Guys,  bring your spare cash to the meeting.  I'm going to have a
bunch of stuff going to the higest bidder and the cash all goes to
melbourne wireless or this project.  There is a swap meet this meeting
so I invite you all to do the same.  (also does anyone have any
extra tables they can bring)

-tim
http://web.abnormal.com