[MLB-WIRELESS] Proposal: MWRP at Scouts Jamboree

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Wed Feb 8 14:06:26 EST 2006

> I have whacked a node on the database in Elmore, just so we can all get
> a rough idea where the jamboree is to be held.
>
> http://www.melbourne.wireless.org.au/nodes/view?id=JGI

Damn, this looks to be out in the middle of nowhere! Is there anywhere
within 100km or so that would have decent internet connectivity? The
closest node seems to be 99km away - which is damn sure not to happen.

Anyone familiar with the local geography around that area? Ridgelines?
Mountains? For this to have a snowballs chance of getting any decent
connectivity into that place, we're going to need lots of options.

If this isn't possible, then the only thing we could hope to do is share
out the sat connection - which already seems like it's maxed out.

--
Steven Haigh