[MLB-WIRELESS] Automagic Firmware - LAN address

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 21 18:58:53 EST 2006

Hi Guys,

For those following this little project 'o' mine, I've now added the option
to set the default LAN IP address in the firmware image.

It's still at:
http://flett.zapto.org/firmware

In case you've ever wondered, flashing a firmware image of any type almost
always does NOT reset the LAN IP address - on the common Linksys and Asus
routers that we use, anyway.  If you set a LAN IP address manually to
something other than 192.168.1.1, it will keep the old LAN address you set
after the new firmware image is flashed.  The Bootloader will still respond
on 192.168.1.1 though - if you need to do an emergency reflash.  Also, if
you completely erase the nvram (in OpenWRT - "mtd -r erase nvram"), most
(but not all!) routers' bootloaders will set the nvram back to a minimal,
functional factory default at the next boot.

Cheers,

Dan