[MLB-WIRELESS] openwrt. What is it?

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Tue Dec 12 23:00:59 EST 2006

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 3:44 pm, Mark Aitken wrote:

> I hear about this openwrt,  what exactly is it and what can it do for me?

OpenWRT is a Linux distro that you can run on your access point.  You can
think of it as "firmware" that you can add and remove programs from.

There's plenty of info on their website:

http://openwrt.org/

The OpenWRT wiki has an "about" section which describes why it was created
here:

http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/About

Hope that helps!
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP