[MLB-WIRELESS] Firewall rule?

Mark Aitken nodegxt at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 16 17:25:17 EST 2006

Thanks guys (Gals?), You have given me heaps to follow up. I have at
present set ICMP to Deny while
I wade through the information at hand.

I do however find it strange that the computer that is reporting the
Incoming ICMP packets on my LAN, that there
is no NAT rule in my ADSL modem pointing to it so how does the modem
know to redirect icmp packets to it? Or is
this a "flood" from my adsl modem (DLINK 302G) to all ranges in its grasp?

I dont know if Tiny Personal Firewall is the best of the freeware
firewalls around but without going into IPSec on the
Win2K Server I guess it is better than nothing??

Regards

Mark