[MLB-WIRELESS] Directionality...

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Mon Aug 7 11:36:24 EST 2006

At 10:46 AM 8/7/2006, Michael Nardella wrote:

>My 2c worth.
>
>Depending on distance.
>Short. Binos if in los.
>
>Long distance, compass (digital preference), then signal strength.

I disagree with the digital compass, the ones I've seen I haven't
liked, took too long to get a vague bearing.  Give me a good old
fashioned fluid filled compass anyday! - Mine's designed for
orienteering, so it settles quickly. :-)  Oh, and don't forget the 10
(ish) degrees for magnetic declination - 10 degrees is close enough
for the distances we're talking about (actually varies from 9-11
degrees across Victoria, and changes over a number of years).

>And a lot of trial and error. eg,. Reflections may be stronger than
>direct signal.

True. :-)

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com