[MLB-WIRELESS] ...Sydney Wireless?

Steve skittled at glililimail.com
Tue Aug 1 16:07:27 EST 2006

First off, my apologies for starting a Sydney-themed thread in your Melbourne
newsgroup! (AND for mucking up the posting..)

As you've probably guessed, I'm a sydneysider, really quite interested in the
Sydney community networks. However, the obvious place to look
(sydneywireless.com) seems rather... dead. Granted, there's recent 'news'
articles on the page, but emailing anyone on there seems to get no response.
Similarly, any old links to sydney-based forums or information on
users/nodes/etc, seem to have been removed at some time, and not replaced
since. Similarly, NodeDB is a nice little system of looking at the local area
but provides no way of actually contacting the people listed in the DB (who,
judging from a little research, may or may not be actually where the map
suggests they are, due to user error inputting lat/long, or age of that
record)...

So, the long and the short of it is I'm quite lost as to how to get involved,
and was hoping you guys and girls might've heard of something on the grapevine
that I've missed. If so, maybe someone could help me out? Any hints would be
great!

Steve.
(Hornsby Area, Sydney)