[MLB-WIRELESS] PDA as WRT console without level shifting

David Ashburner d_ashburner at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 30 09:32:01 EST 2006

I have been using a Minitar in a box attached ot an old Galaxy antenna
as a portable scanner. It has been working Ok but was a bit cumbersome
to have the AP/Antenna , a big battery and a laptop to carry round. I
remembered that the Handspring Visor had a TTL level serial port so dug
out one I had from a few years ago and after butchering an old cable
and installing ptelnet ( http://netpage.em.com.br ) I was able to use
the visor as the serial console.

The visor works on a WRT serial console as well.

The neat thing is that no level shifting circuit is needed, both ends
are  LVTTL logic.  Kind of neat if you have an old Handspring lying
around.