[MLB-WIRELESS] [OT...?] GPS/pocket PC recommendations

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Sat Sep 3 11:05:02 EST 2005

At 08:33 AM 9/3/2005, Rowan Crowe wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Just after some recommendations for a GPS that is to be used both in car
>and on foot, mainly in rural and forest areas... I figure many people on
>this list will know what they're talking about. :)

Depends what you want.  I'm sure your needs would be quite different to
mine, even if we were to be using a GPS in the same places. I have 2
distinct sets of needs, best served by separate devices:

1.  Serial (NMEA) position data in car for wardriving/APRS

2.  Athetic performance monitoring on foot.

At this time, I only have a GPS for #1...

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com