[MLB-WIRELESS] dead wall warts

David Ashburner d_ashburner at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 4 16:31:33 EST 2005

Kind of strange, I have had 5 wall warts die on me in the last few months. I
know they are probably
not the highest quality parts but still...

2 x 12 v @ 0.5 amp (Minitar)
3 x 12 v @ 1.0 amp (Linksys & Proxim)

when I crack on open and apply 240 to the primary side there is no AC on the
secondary winding so it looks like it if failing in the transformer, I'm
assuming some sort of current surge is blowing the fine wire on the primary.

I have noticed that the AC power is pretty rough, my UPS is constantly
trimming the input voltage and you hear it switching in and out once every
10 minutes.

anyone else have this happen?