[MLB-WIRELESS] New MW server? :)

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Mon Nov 7 07:10:04 EST 2005

Yeah.... Looking forward, CPU grunt might become a factor - especially
with talks with certain people of changing the map database to use a more
Google Maps type AJAX interface - although this may be some time off.

For something like that to work well, it will need a lot of CPU power. The
current server probably won't handle it, however it will do in the mean
time.

On Sun, November 6, 2005 23:50, kevin Collas-Arundell wrote:
> If you are after a cheapish server check out the Compaq dl140 or 145 1ru
> only prob is that they don't have dual psus or hotswap drives

Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Phone: (03) 9017 0597 - 0412 935 897