[MLB-WIRELESS] Vote for me!

Dan conhoolio at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 9 21:52:49 EST 2005

Hi again,

As you will have read, in the impending Elections I've nominated myself for
the position of Secretary on the Melbourne Wireless Committee.

I won't be able to attend the meeting on Friday night, but I wish to convey
to you this campaign message:

Vote for me!

I've been reading the Model Rules to get an idea of what I'm supposed to be
doing.  I promise to keep legible minutes, and to take good care of the
Common Seal - only feeding him fresh fish.

I want to make sure the process of membership application is followed
through - I don't want anyone waiting longer than necessary to become a
member.  I will make sure all applications are dealt with at the earliest
opportunity, and I will look for ways to speed up the process.

In previous years the minutes of the committee meetings were published in
the "files" section of the website.  This hasn't happened this year - I'm
not sure why.  I'd like to see if we can start doing this again, and if so,
I'll publish them as soon as I've written them up.  I'll also take minutes
(or delegate the task) at General Meetings and publish the minutes on the
site.  I'll also make sure the date of the next General Meeting is always
correct on the website.

My wife and I are having a baby in February next year, so things will be
quite hectic at home.  Also, I travel a bit with work so I won't always be
able to attend the General Meeting - Friday nights aren't great for me.  On
the other hand, Committee Meetings are held on Tuesday nights, and I don't
often work on Tuesdays so I will be able to perform my Secretarial duties.

Cheers,

Dan Flett

Written and Spoken by Dan Flett on behalf of Dan Flett from Dan Flett's
house, Melbourne.