[MLB-WIRELESS] Minitar MNWAPG/UltraWAP photos and info

Steve Smithies steve42 at gmx.net
Tue Nov 8 21:57:35 EST 2005

Dan wrote:
> Specifically, I’m interested in what sort of power input regulator the
> MNWAPG has – the more info the better.  Also, the same info about the
> good old MNWAPB if anyone knows where to find it.

I've got a photo of the insides of the old minitar here:

http://vacated.net/wireless/minitar/

Click on the pics for a closeup view, and to be able to read the writing
on the chips.

 From memory, the voltage regulator used in it has its output voltage
set by a couple of the components around it, rather than being a fixed
output regulator.

For what its worth, the standard Minitar plug pack, through 20-25 metres
of CAT5 POE, successully powers the AP up our TV mast.

Steve.