[MLB-WIRELESS] Notebook access advice

Kai Hendry hendry at iki.fi
Sat May 28 23:55:09 EST 2005

Hello I am new to Melbourne,

I managed to borrow a laptop, running Debian and one of those old black
Lucent/Orinoco (silver) cards. In my temporary accomodation on 52
Jeffcott Street, just West of the CBD I have managed to pick up as many
as 3 different wireless networks.

Though they are all terribly week. 8/92 and excessive retries.

I also have not figured out how to pick and choose the Wireless AP with
the wireless-tools package. I am not very experienced with Wireless
Linux.

Anyway I thought I should try get an aerial for the device ASAP. I don't
have a CC, so could someone please advise where I can get an aerial,
like so from the CBD area?

http://x.net.au/Client_Installation_Notebook.gif

Best wishes,